Rendering

For our animation we were trying to reproduce a old cartoon feel to are shots. Hannah Turkington worked one developing a system of toon outlines and shaders for each character to allow them to look as we wanted.

Animation : Matt McDyre

When working on this it was important that Kimmy blended in with the style of the background but was still noticeable.

Animation : Matt McDyre

When we were rendering Kimmy we noticed that having a outline around her nose looked odd and having no nose looked even worse so Hannah Turkington came up with the idea of rendering a shadow under her nose on a separate render layer then overlaying it back on top to create what we see in our final renders.

For one scene in particular we had to come up with a different solution for rendering Kimmy. The scene where she sets herself alight just didn’t work when she stayed grey, therefore the decision was made it make her turn all white and just have outlines. Due to my facial texture setup this took several layers to achieve the final outcome.

Animation: Hannah Loughridge

The last challenge was working out how to move the chair and render the projected texture. I managed to find a tutorial on baking a project mapped texture to UV space online and achieve a nice result although without the desk in place to block the bottom have of the chair they keyboard is burned onto the seat.

Animation: Hannah Loughridge

When all renders had been completed we passed them over to Hannah Turkington who took over the composting.

Link to Hannahs method

https://hannahturkingtonblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/12/editing-after-effects/

Advertisements